Last July I was so lucky and able to go on the world's biggest cruise ship, The Oasis of the Seas. My family and I went on a 7 night western caribbean cruise to Labadee Haiti, Falmouth Jamaica, and Cozumel Mexico. The ship left on the 4th of July from Fort Lauderdale Florida.
Our trip was so last minute, it was booked a month before. We originally were going to depart from Orlando on the Freedom of the Seas but we got a better deal on this ship. The plan was going to Disney for the day before and then go on the cruise. We already booked our stay at Orlando so instead of canceling, we flew to Orlando two days before, went to Disney the day before, and rented a car to drive to Ft. Lauderdale the day of our cruise. It was super hectic but super fun too. And we went to all 4 Disney parks in one day! We were there for 16 hours! I changed my shoes a lot.
We woke up in the morning after and drove for about three hours to Fort Lauderdale. The beaches were STUNNING, but of course this is coming from a girl who has grown up in Ocean City beaches. The line for checking into the ship was pretty average length for cruises but definitely get there early. The ship is breath-taking. There are 7 "neighborhoods"; Central Park, a Boardwalk, the Royal Promenade, Pools and Sports Zone, Vitality Spa, the Entertainment Zone, and the Youth area. My stateroom was in the same floor as the Boardwalk and our room was right above a life boat, quite reassuring! I shared a room with my brother. Most rooms have a king bed that can separate into twins. We stayed in a standard ocean view balcony room. This was the set up of our room. Don't quote me on this but I think the couch might have pulled out too.
Food wise, this ship was not lacking at all! They have coke freestyle machines, the touch screen dispensers, all around the ship. You can only use them if you have a special cup (pictured below) that comes in a drink package. There is some sort of We got an awesome discount somehow and were able to get that and unlimited bar drinks too. Of course I only got virgin piña coladas! To redeem that, they will put a sticker on your room key. As you see below, I'm wearing a lanyard with my room key. Definitely bring one on any cruise because it's really convenient to have it there with you all the time. Bring one and don't buy it on the ship because they are way overpriced. Try to find a super clear one too so they can scan through the plastic. Dining options were extremely plentiful and my parents went out every night, however it was an extra fee for most restaurants so my brother and I went to the Windjammer. The Windjammer is an all you can eat buffet type meal open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
I could write on for pages about this cruise because there was so much to do but this was some of the main points. If anyone has specific questions about the cruise if you're looking into it please reach out to me. I will also be doing separate posts about the excursions in Haiti, Jamaica, and Mexico. Safe Travels!
I recently spent the week in the Poconos with my extended family and we drove to a hiking spot in Bushkill Falls. It's so beautiful there you feel like you're in a national park in California! There are multiple routes you can take ranging from 15 minutes to 2 hours. My family just explored and mixed the trails together and were there for 2 hours. I didn't take a lot of photos but here are some. In the beginning its pretty crowded but then everyone goes on there own trails and its really peaceful I would definitely go back if I get the chance!
Lake Placid is one of my favorite places in the US. It is so beautiful in summer or winter. I have only been in winter for I go in January every two years for skating but I actually go to Mirror Lake. It so relaxing and when you're there, you feel like it's the only place in the world. I always make sure to do certain things so here's a top ten of my Must Do's.
10. Visit the Winter Olympic Museum.
9. Visit the Olympic ski jump
8. Where'd You Get That? Hat store. This hat store is so fun and has some really cute and warm hats.
7. Creperie. This place is pretty self explanatory; they sell crepes! They are so sweet and delicious!
6. Dog sledding. I'm usually not for entertainment at the expense of animals but these dogs really love to run and pull people. Plus, they get tons of rest and switch in and out with a second team or dogs.
5. Bluesberry Bakery. This is just a cute local bakery with really delicious chocolate chip muffins.
4. Hot Chocolate (I forget where I got it but it is the best hot chocolate I have EVER had. If you ever find yourself in Mirror Lake, go to the dog sledding truck and it is the second restaurant on the same side as it. You won't regret it :))
3. The shopping. You can walk everywhere in Mirror Lake so the shopping is really great.
2. The Speed Skating Oval. The Speed Skating Oval is a must do. It is such a great experience to be skating on the ice of olympic champions. The competition hosts a party there after the competition with a DJ and a bonfire. My skating team is truly all of my best friends so its always a highlight.
1. Spend time with your friends and family
My name is Meghan Elizabeth and this is my blog! I started my blog one day with the help of Thareni Nicola (thareninicola.weebly.com) and ever since she introduced me, I've been hooked. I love to blog about anything so I'm always open to suggestions and collabs!